As your budget becomes tighter you begin to think what is the cheapest way to remain a Licenced Zumba Instructor. One way people think is cheaper is cancelling the ZIN membership 6 months on and 6 months off because the minimum term you can have ZIN for is 6 months. Well…IMHO it will cost you more in the long run. Because when you want to join again, you’ll have to call or email or a combination of both to get it started up again which can take some time. It can take as long as a month to get started up again so you have to consider that since your training is only valid for 1 year if you’re not a ZIN member. As your training is valid you’re Licenced to teach that particular Zumba Fitness class whether it be Basic, Gold, Toning, Aqua or Zumbatomic. If you don’t become a ZIN member in time your cost to take the training again, because you’d have to take it once a year will cost you about 240 in Canadian funds, when as a ZIN member it’s 130 or less depending on the Canadian Dollar. If you need to renew your training for 1, 2 or 3 different kind of classes that could cost you all around $600 bucks in all when you can just pay 360 US/yr to keep your Licence up to date. So really you’re going through all that trouble, if you just have one training, to save a little over 100 bucks that year, unless you plan on doing Zumba Fitness classes for only a year and quitting. Don’t count on that because it’s addictive for the postive experiences you get out of teaching classes.
That is just 1 point alone why being a member of the ZIN network is worth it.
Second is the forum. It’s not just about asking questions but it’s about reading answers for questions you didn’t ask yet, or finding out the latest before you find out on your own. The other day there was a Bonus track called Sacudelo by Willy Chirino danced by Tanya Beardsley and I wouldn’t have found out about it if I didn’t log into the forums. After I received my ZIN CD she then tells you to log in and find it there. So I found out about that new coreographed routine, practiced it and had it down pat in 2 days, performed it for my friends twice before I even got my ZIN 28 DVD. Now that’s the second awesome point is how you can be kept up to date with all the ish on da fly!
3. Extra clothing discounts as a ZIN member over and above regular discounts
4. Ability to have a domain name with the name ‘Zumba’ in it
5. Ability to be an authorized Zumbawear reseller
6. Receive updated Music, and DVD coreography by your favorite Zumba Celebs monthly! That way your class stays fresh!
7. Discounts on attending Zumba Events – Like Mexico’s Club Med Zumba Week this December 4-11
8.Ability to use Zumba logos on your website and on your promotional marketing material
9. Discount on future trainings which cost $125 cad
10. Ability to post your classes under your ZIN profile on the Zumba website and people can email you. If you’re not a ZIN member, it just has a little blurb about you, with no picture, no contact info and no schedule.
11. Lessen the chances your classes will be foomba which are Zumba fitness classes which don’t follow the Zumba Formula using tools from the ZIN Network
12. Added March 24, 2011 – Being a ZIN member allows you the right to teach specialty Zumba programs such as Zumba Gold, Aqua Zumba, Zumba Toning, and Zumbatomic. If you’re not subscribed to the Zin program then the only class you can teach is Zumba Basic 1/2 which like nearly all zumba instructors are teaching right now. Get ahead of the game and offer up something different. For me, having Aqua Zumba under my belt got my foot in the door for teaching at Premier Fitness 5 months ago. Now I teach all three formats Zumba, Aqua Zumba, and Zumba Toning – Join Zin program today!
As a ZIN member you have the tools to become an Elite Zumba Fitness Instructor if you want to
*btw I was not paid nor did I benefit financially from giving my testimony today. I’m a satisfied customer who wants to tell the world ZIN Rocks!!!!
Don’t forget to visit my site http://www.howtozumbawearclothing.com
UPDATE: NOVEMBER 2016 – i’M STILL A ZIN MEMBER AND THE PROGRAM JUST GETS BETTER N’ BETTER! IT’S WORTH IT!